Wednesday, July 9, 2008

I found good barbecue in Sherman!

Coming from Austin almost 9 years ago, I was spoiled by the many really amazing places near my home that offered tender, delicious brisket, sausage and ribs. I thought that I would have no trouble finding similar delicacies here in Sherman. After many disappointments, I just gave up and waited for visits to Central Texas for my fix. I also found myself excited about the arrival of Rudy's on the North Tollway, but that too was a good distance, especially now with the price of gas. So imagine my happiness when a flyer advertising my favorites was delivered to the studio yesterday. After talking with Doug about his place for a few minutes, he promised to deliver a sample so we could taste what he was raving about. Needless to say, everyone here at the studio loved the "Roadkill" sandwiches - tender, saucy chopped beef brisket with hot links in the middle! I love new foodie finds and this place delivers for those of us who never get to leave work for lunch! Give them a try at Jack's Wingshack and Barbecue - 1005 N. Broughton in Sherman - 903.892.3888

No comments: